Official Website

http://www.tierraallen.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dangerously in Love

"I don't know what to tell him girl. How do I even start the conversation?" Janay said to her friend as she paced her living room floor, wracking her brain for options.

"Tell his crazy ass you don't want to be with him anymore. Plain and simple" her friend suggested, not understanding her conundrum.

"It's not that simple!" Janay yelled into the phone, throwing herself on the couch. "I've told you how into me he is. Not to mention..." she paused, running to the window just in time to see his black, Cadillac Escalade coming to a stop in her driveway. "He's here, what do I…how...gotta go!" she yelled, tossing her phone onto the couch just as he entered the living room.

Walking over with flowers in hand, Jermaine greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. "How is my beautiful bride to be?" he asked, handing her the flowers.

"Uh…good. I'm good" she lied.

"That's great baby. I had the best day. I drove around town picking out tuxedos and even saw a beautiful wedding gown for you" he beamed.

"Wedding gown?!" she shrieked.

"Yeah…what's wrong babe? You don't look happy. I thought you'd be ecstatic that we're taking things to the next level." He said, pulling out a piece of fabric and measuring her waist.

As he intently gathered her measurements, she yielded a quick glance at the door to make sure it was still unlocked. "Don't you think it's a bit soon?" she asked pushing his hands away from her breasts as he attempted to wrap the tape around.

"Soon? Not hardly. As long as we've been together? Plus, when a man knows, he knows." He assured her, looking in her eyes he grabbed her trembling chin and kissed her on the lips, "And I know."

"I can't do this" she yelled, frantically moving toward the front door.

"Aww baby…its just wedding jitters. I hear everyone gets them" he said, removing her hand from the door knob and attempting to push the door shut.

Easing her back onto the door to keep it open, she shook her head vehemently, "It's not wedding jitters! It's just jitters" she confessed.

Whipping his head in her direction, "What are you trying to say" he asked, stepping further into her personal space.

"I'm…saying…this…isn't working for me" she said flinching; preparing for whatever backlash he might have.

Hearty laughter rang out from the depths of his throat, as he tossed his head back. She froze, squeezing her cervix tight to keep the piss from literally running out of her.

"I want you to leave" she whispered meekly.

"I love you" he answered gently, caressing the side of her face.

"I don't love you and I want you out of my house and out of my life now!" she said more sternly this time.

"I love you, you love me too, this is just emotion. Maybe you're pregnant" he suggested, eyes brightening at the idea.

"Look psycho, you don't love me, I don't love you and I damn sure ain't pregnant" she confirmed pushing him away from her in disgust. "Face it Jermaine. It's over." She said, opening the screen door and walking out first, praying he'd follow after.

He unknowingly obliged. "Jay, baby, we're going to be married. And don't be sad about not being pregnant yet, in due time we'll have a house full of kids. Now, let's go back in the house so we can pick a wedding date and start planning" he said, tugging her arm aggressively.

"LET GO OF ME YOU PSYCHO!!" she yelled, drawing her next door neighbor's attention. "Look freak, it's over. I'm not marrying you and I damn sure ain't having your deranged babies. Now, you have fifteen seconds to get in your car and drive away or I'm calling the police." She threatened.

"You're really serious aren't you" he asked.

"Yes I am." She said, "Fifteen…Fourteen" she began.

"Why would you break my heart like this? After all the time we spent together? I'm truly hurt" he said, as tears fell from his eyes. "At least tell me why" he demanded.

"I'm calling the police!" her neighbor yelled, whipping out her cell phone.

"WHY?! Maybe because you're crazy. I've known you two weeks Jermaine. You don't know my last name, you stole my house key and had a copy made. You're making wedding and future plans and we haven't even been on one date. We had a thirty minute conversation on the phone and now, you think I'm supposed to marry you?!" she exclaimed.

"That's insane" he retorted. "Your last name is Baker, our first date was on the produce aisle of Wal-mart, and those thirty minutes on the phone told me everything I need to know about you. We've got our whole life to date. And I do love you Janay… I do" he said never taking his eyes off her.

Silence was the response she gave.

"I even wrote my own vows…listen to this baby. 'Baby I love you, you are my life, my happiest moments aren't complete if you aren't by my side. You're my relation and connection to the-'"

"Fool that's Beyonce!" she exclaimed throwing her hands up as a police car stopped in front of her yard.

"You're going to regret this Janay. If I leave here, I'm taking all my love with me and I won't be back!" he warned.

"God I hope so" she sighed as he entered his escalade and backed out of her driveway.



1 comment:

  1. dang-uh! That was crazy and I can totally see this happening to me. ugh

    ReplyDelete